Tuesday, November 3, 2015

HP Made My Day

Okay please don’t get me wrong the HP I am referring here is not Harry Potter it is Hewlett-Packard yes our very own Hewlett-Packard. To be more specific I am referring to the laser printers manufactured by HP that uses the HP toner cartridges. Yes, these cartridges made my day, can you believe it? Well believing something like this is actually difficult. And no offense to Harry Potter, I am a big fan but, at the present moment my hero here are these cartridges which helped me get saved from my personal Lord Voldemort. Yes you got that right my own personal you know who.
Being a textile student, I had to submit my portfolio at the end of the final year. But a person like me when given time in abundance usually works in the end. Frankly speaking that is to tell you the truth am a very lazy person, it is not like that I like delaying things but, I feel that they get delayed by themselves. Like I don’t want to be late in class but, no matter how early I wake up and get ready there is always something that makes me late, such as the traffic, my friends or at times my cat when I forget to put cat food in her bowl. So it was like a thunder strike on me that I realized that my submission date which was due after many months is just a weeks away. I felt like the world was about to end I am doomed. Half-heatedly I started working on my final submission, although it is very entertaining subject of creating something but, it is all very time taking. You have to create many designs, with different structures and designs and all with different color themes. In short, you have to prove your credibility as an artist in a ten-page portfolio.
It looks easy but, if you have, a teacher like Voldemort, then things like these always get tougher as I was always his target like Harry was. So,now the part comes where I am going to share that how a mere toner cartridge saved my life and made my day. After like working day and night and sipping coffee every second and getting sleep deprived I finally somehow completed my work and on the day of my submission when I  was presumably happy with my work and had the feeling that now nothing in the world can stop me from submitting this portfolio. The only thing left now was printing the designs out and pasting them in the portfolio. As soon as I clicked print, my world shattered as I realized that my printer lacked toner powder, which was responsible for actually making the image on the paper and all my hard work is going to go in vain. After the hyper tension mode I called my friend and asked her to declare me dead as I was not dead now but, I know I will be sooner or later when I would have to tell Voldemort about my delay in submission. But my friend, who was my life saver, reminded me that I can easily buy printer tone online and it will be delivered in time.Finally things were under control and I submitted everything on time which was very unlike of me.




1 comment: